Smoked Salmon Canape Ideas
Our smoked salmon is such a tasty and versatile product it can make the perfect centrepiece to any occasion or event. Whether you serve a whole side of our hand sliced smoked salmon for guests to help themselves to, or perhaps as part of some delicious canapes.
Everyone knows how well smoked salmon and cream cheese go together, especially on a cracker or blini. However, many people struggle to think of ways to use our products in new and exciting ways.
We believe that although simple can be stunning, it’s also fun to try different things.
So, if you’re looking for some inspiration, why not take a look at our smoked salmon canape ideas:
Smoked salmon, beetroot and horseradish
with crème fraiche on rye toasts
1 cooked beetroot
4 heaped teaspoons horseradish
juice ½ lemon
Thinly cut rye bread
Uig lodge smoked salmon
• Add the beetroot, lemon juice and horseradish to a blender, and blend until smooth and silky. Add a splash of water if the mixture needs loosening; season to taste.
• Slice some rye bread and cut into small canape sized squares. Toast under a hot grill until lightly toasted on both sides.
• Spoon a little blob of the beetroot mixture on top of the rye toast, place a small blob of the crème fraiche next to it (you can make an attractive marbling affect with a skewer if you like). Take a small strip of Uig lodge smoked salmon about 2cm wide and 7cm long and roll up to create a small rose effect and place on top of the toast.
• Sprinkle with chopped dill and plenty of black pepper.
Cucumber and smoked salmon skewers
½ a cucumber
Uig Lodge smoked salmon
Chopped dill or chervil
• Peel the cucumber and shave into long strips using a potato peeler. Place in a colander and sprinkle lightly with salt. Leave for 20 minutes. Pat dry with kitchen towel.
• Cut the smoked salmon into similar sized strips to the cucumber and thread onto bamboo skewers concertina style.
• Sprinkle with chopped dill or chervil and freshly milled black pepper.
For other tasty recipe ideas take a look at our Smoked Salmon Recipe Ideas page.